Describe your ultimate escape plan (and tell us what you’re escaping from).
I have already escaped. There was no plan. It was kind of an evolutionary move.
I have removed myself from the capitalist mindset that drives a significant proportion of the planet.
I have renounced totally and unequivocally all things material. Well the bits I don’t like anyhow.
I am keeping my van. It is useful. I am keeping my drums too.
They are the tools of my trade.They live in the van.
Of course I must keep my PC and my mobile phone.
How else would I blog Dear Reader?
My camera stays too because I would look very stupid owning a Photography Blog with no camera.
Yes I could use the phone but cameras look way more cool. Especially old film ones.
Then you can say ‘I am an Artist dahling’ at strangers who pass and ask.
Not that I am in any way bothered about how cool I look.
I am above all that nonsense now.
I will also drink an occasional cappuccino.
It will be necessary to relieve the stress of having totally given up everything.
Everything, I tell you. Apart from those essential things outlined above.
Those and the tobacco ( see cappuccino) and the occasional beer ( see tobacco) and
of course I have to eat so I may as well make sure it is quality produce.
I am now totally free from the power of advertising and the deeply subliminal tentacles
of the media machine. Except when it comes to sport. Then I’m fucked to be honest.
I’m like some kind of Pavlovian sports experiment. If it appears, I will watch it.
I don’t watch anything else on TV though. Well not much.
I do like the Simpsons but they are subversive man so it doesn’t count and the TV along
with the house it lives in all belong to Mrs Scribbles, which makes her extremely materialistic
in my eyes and absolves me totally from any claims of capitalistic tendencies.
Luckily for her though she has my enlightened being around the place to help balance out
her ‘Material Possessions Karma’
I would go and live in a cave and chant OM everyday, wearing naught but a loincloth,
but she would miss me terribly and so I have selflessly chosen to put her needs above mine
and to co-habit with her in this rather luxurious, fully furnished Yorkshire Cottage in the Heart
of the magnificent Calderdale countryside. Somebody has to live here.
I have also opted to eat a sumptuous 3 course meal every evening with her so that she feels her
cooking is appreciated. I’m that kind of guy.
You can do that sort of thing when you have escaped from the system.
When you are free.
So I will choose to live in the world but not be of it and I will meditate daily upon the state of things in
the hope that all of my fellow man will eventually follow suit.
Not Mrs Scribbles though. Somebody has to pay the mortgage.
This Blog was brought to you courtesy of Pure Escapism 😉
- Ilya Fostiy. Verdict | Inside My Glitching Mind
- Escape! – I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- 3rd April Daily Prompt: Escape! | Family Photos Food & Craft
- 58/366 – The Great Escape | Camera Girl
- Daily Prompt: Escape! | The Gozum Show
- Go fly a kite… | Sweet Somethings
- The Greatest Escape | The Jittery Goat
- Singaporean sleeplessness | Mind Heart Journeys
- Daily Prompt: Escape Plan for Tornado | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Daily Prompt: Escape! « Mama Bear Musings
- Escaping the future | Prompt Queen
- Daily Prompt: Escape! 3rd April, 2013 | ittikorn1994
- The Hidden Cottage | Hope* the happy hugger
- Ready to Quit | Daily Prompt: Escape! | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Escape! | Of Glass & Paper
- Escape from the demons of my mind | My unsorted thoughts
- Daily Prompt: Escape! | Dianaruth’s Journal
- Don’t look back | Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: Escape! | JUkk
- My worst nightmare | The Local Lens
- Embrace | Conversations
- Escape | Miss Pelican’s Perch
- Human Hearts… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: The Pen | One Starving Activist
- Escape! | Drama Queen Under the Sun
- Daily Prompt: Escape! | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Escape! | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Escape! | My Atheist Blog
- The Ultimate Escape | The Story Grey
- Daily Prompt and Then Some | Pondering Spawned
- Escape! Sort of… | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Escape! | baka’s blog
- Daily Prompt: Escape! | Lines by Linda
- BTDTGTTS | The Daily Dilly Dally
- Daily Prompt: Escape! | The Blogging Path
- Escape! | artist. hippie. cali chick. chic. nerd. beach bum. fashionista.
- Can One Escape from MUNI? | Not The Sword But The Pen
- Life is Not a Sack of Shit | Breathing Space
- Es-Cah-PAY! | Sisters of Christ
- My Greatest Escape | Creative and Juicy
- I’m second. | jaycee68
- Bug Out Bags | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Escape! | Misifusa’s Blog
- The Great Escape | Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Escape! More Than Just A Journey Album – Daily Prompt | Edward Hotspur
- April 3 Daily Prompt: Escape! | Nadeen’s Corner