Our theme for this week’s haibun is summer! Share with us a summer memory – from a summer love to coping up with the summer heat. Or how about a summer comedy, tragedy or disaster?
Being that this is Haibun Monday, please write a haibun based on the prompt, with 1 to 2 tight paragraphs, ending with a seasonal haiku. Don’t forget to visit and comment on others poetry, especially to those who have visited you.
What to do after you have written:
- Post your haibun to your blog
- Add a link (direct URL address) of your poem via the ‘Mr Linky’ below
- Add the link for the dVerse posting so others can find their way here
- Read and comment on other people’s work to let them know it’s being read
- Share via your favorite social media platforms
- Most importantly, have fun!
See you at the poetry trail ~ Grace
i had just said ‘fuck it’ to everything everyone else had said I needed to do. my future was up in smoke.my life was unconventional. so were my clothes. my hair too. but i was free. oh was i free. for the first time in my life. i was the captain of the ship of me and i could sink it if i wanted to. because in that beautiful blue underworld that you all said was danger i could swim like nowhere else. and swim i did. into the places you had never dared go. all i beheld there would serve me. would inspire me. would leave me marked. indelible. tattoo’d spirit.
following my bliss
inking that summer’s spirit
deep into my soul