When I am not drumming, writing or taking photographs I am volunteer for Tinto Music and Arts.
This an emerging Arts and Music organisation situated in the grounds of Wiston Lodge, set up in July 2014 by Meg Beresford with a view to meeting the following aims:
- Promote and develop all forms of Music and Art in Wiston and the surrounding rural community
- To promote and develop traditional and contemporary forms of Scottish Folk Music and Arts
- To provide education and training opportunities for musicians and artists, both local and international
- To produce inspirational cultural music and arts experiences and collaborations
- To develop links with existing providers and with the local and national education network
- To explore the links between music, arts and ecology.
- To create unique performance and workshop spaces that are environmentally sustainable and which provide a focal point for music and the arts